We ran into Joel Varty, Liam Cragg, Stacy Main and Marlena Sculthorpe as they were rollicking around the set of Young Frankenstein.
They seemed to be having fun, and you will too starting APRIL 14th!
Mel Brooks’ Young Frankenstein runs April 14-23 at Victoria Hall in Cobourg
Call 905-372-2210 or Book your tickets online!
Young Frankenstein runs April 14-23 at Victoria Hall in Cobourg
Call 905-372-2210 or Book your tickets online RIGHT NOW!
We posed the principals of Young Frankenstein with the same 6 questions. See what they came up with!
- If you could play another character in the show which one would you choose?
- Best line in the show.
- Favourite song.
- Best prop.
- What are you most excited to see when the show hits the stage?
Marlena Sculthorpe – Inga
- He has great songs and a wandering hump…….need I say more?
- “He would have an enormous schwanzstucker”
- Puttin’ on the Ritz
- My push up bra – hah!
- The set. Frankenstein’s Castle and those gigantic knockers.
Stacy Main – Igor
- Igor is what sold me.
- Great songs, a cape, a hump.
- Transylvania Mania
- Elizabeth’s hair
- The Audience reaction to the classic scenes from the movie, now played out in the musical.
Tanya Wills – Frau Blücher
- the hermit
- why not
- Transylvania Mania
- my candelabra
- our tap number
Angela Main – Elizabeth Benning
- Who wouldn’t want a hump? Also, I would love to dance in Transylvania Mania – I try all the time at home.
- “What hump?”
- Translyvania Mania and Surprise
- Igor’s whip
Liam Cragg – The Monster
- I think I would have been an awesome Frau Blucher
- Because shaving off my mustache would have been optional
- Best Line? So many choices but… ‘Ovaltine?’
- Best Song ‘Please Don’t Touch Me’ – It sends up Cole Porter beautifully
- Best prop – The Monster’s shoes (so many people have looked at them, green with envy)
J.P. Baldwin – Inspector Kemp
- Frederick Frankenstein.
- Because he is leading man that is just left of center. (The way I like them!)
- Life, Life. (The layering and harmonies are well done.)
- I’m partial to my fake right hand.
- I’m excited to see Puttin’On The Ritz in full costumes with hat and cane, on the set.
Joel Varty – Frederick Frankenstein
- He’s the best song and dance man in the whole thing.
- “PUTTIN’ ON THE RITZ!” (Monster Style)
- Puttin’ On The Ritz!
- The Brain and Marlena’s add-2-cups push-up bra!
- The audience reaction to “SUPER DUPER!”
Young Frankenstein runs from April 14-23 at Victoria Hall in Cobourg.
For tickets call 1-855-372-2210 or purchase online here.
It’s 2 weeks until move-in and the the cast & crew for the VOS Production of Young Frankenstein are deep into rehearsal mode. Take a look!
Young Frankenstein runs April 14-23 at Victoria Hall in Cobourg, Ontario.
Book Your Tickets Online Now